Safely, gently cleanses and exfoliates the skin with natural fruit and vegetable complex to remove aging skin cells for a fresh, smooth complexion. Alpha-hydroxy complex skin products are designed to break the bonds that hold dry, damaged skin cells together. Once these bonds are broken, healthy, fresh and youthful skin can shine through. Here are 5 of the best benefits of Alpha-hydroxy complex.
- Improvement in skin pigmentation: Uneven skin pigmentation can be a sign of age. Using a skin product, such as cream or cleanser that contains alpha-hydroxy acid, you can even out skin pigmentation. Alpha-hydroxy acid exfoliates, resurfacing the skin and revealing smoother, more evenly pigmented layers of skin.
- Decreased appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Fine lines and minor wrinkles can be erased by using an alpha-hydroxy acid solution. Alpha-hydroxy products increase the elasticity of the skin, helping to plump out wrinkle and fine lines. Alpha-hydroxy acid also removes dead layers of skin, making wrinkles appear less pronounced.
- Dry-skin exfoliation: Dry skin can make a complexion look dull and aged. Alpha-hydroxy acid breaks down the bonds between dead skin cells and helps to wash them away. As the dry, dead skin sloughs away, new, more radiant skin takes its place. Light solutions of alpha-hydroxy acid are best for dry-skin treatments.
- Increased sunscreen absorption: If you have fair skin or find yourself sensitive to sunlight, regular alpha-hydroxy treatments can help protect your skin. Although alpha-hydroxy treatments don't affect skin's resistance to sun damage, they can open up the skin to allow sunscreens to penetrate more deeply, allowing sunscreen to last longer and protect more thoroughly.
- Improved appearance of sun-damaged skin: Sun-damaged skin is common and can occur over time even if sunscreen is used. Alpha-hydroxy acid treatments can help to repair sun damage. An alpha-hydroxy solution can break apart the bonds that make sun-damaged skin appear leathery and dry. The result is smoother, younger-looking skin.
Suggested Use: Use a small amount on moistened hands or face cloth, work into a lather and massage onto damp face, neck and throat. Avoid eye area. Leave on skin for 2-3 minutes., then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Recommended use: 3-4 times weekly for oily to dry skin, 1-2 times weekly for dry and sensitive skin.
Ingredients: Water, Disodium Oleamide MEA Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Mixed Fruit Extract (Alpha Hydroxy Acid: Lactic, Glycolic and Citric Acids from Sugar Cane, Citrus Fruits, Apple and Green Tea), Sodium PCA, Cucumber Extract, Marigold (Calendula) Extract, Chamomile Extract, Polysorbate 20, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit A), Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.
I rotate this every 3rd day.